Recognise, reward and retain outstanding technicians in the automotive aftermarket industry.
Capricorn Rising Stars helps our Members to encourage and reward high-performing apprentices. These are apprentices who show initiative in the workshop, eagerness to learn and commitment to the auto industry. Beyond that, it will put them in the running to win a share of more than $27,000 worth of prizes* for themselves and their workshop.
By recognising the contribution of automotive apprentices and the bright careers they have ahead of them, we hope to continue to attract the best talent and keep more auto technicians working in the industry.
John Edwards Automotive (QLD)
Auto Shoppe Eurotech (NZ)
CWR Motorsport (NZ)
"I feel like I’m a part of something that the younger me would have been really proud of.
It really blew me away. One of the people I really look up to in this industry, Gabby Clift, won it in 2020, so I feel like I’m standing on the podium with her and I feel very lucky to be there with her."
Highfields Mechanical and Off Road (QLD)
Titan Automotive (QLD)
The Battery Terminal (ACT)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who can nominate an apprentice for the 2024 Capricorn Rising Stars Apprentice of the Year Award?
- A manager or supervisor from a Capricorn Member workshop.
Are nominations only open to Capricorn Members?
- Yes, only Capricorn Members can nominate apprentices for the 2024 Capricorn Rising Stars Apprentice of the Year Award.
What constitutes an eligible apprentice to be nominated for the award?
- The apprentice must be employed as an apprentice at the time of nomination by the nominating workshop and be currently undertaking tuition from a recognised automotive training institution.
Can an apprentice who was nominated previously be nominated again?
- Yes, we encourage all Members to re-nominate those previously nominated as it’s a great way to show them that they are appreciated and valued which is essential in retaining employees. The only requirement is that they are still an apprentice at the time of nomination.
How many apprentices can be nominated for the award by the same person or workshop?
- As many apprentices as are apprenticed to the workshop.
Can any of the prizes be exchanged for cash or prizes transferred to another individual?
- Prizes are not transferrable for cash. Prizes cannot be transferred to other individuals.
When will the winners be announced?
- The Overall Winner will be announced by Capricorn in September with all Top 5 Finalists announced in August.
How will the apprentice and workshop be advised if they won, made the final list or been shortlisted?
- Winners and finalists will be contacted by phone and/or email prior to the public announcements. Shortlisted candidates will also be contacted via phone and/or email to arrange the completion of a second assessment round as part of the application process.